Alaska Rafting on the Tatshenshini-Alsek Rivers
Rafting, hiking, wildlife viewing on the Tatshenshini – named the #1 river trip in the world by National Geographic.
July 10th – July 21st, 2022
The Tatshenshini-Alsek Expedition is a journey back to the ice age down a river forgotten by time. Cutting through the Earth’s largest non-polar ice cap and past some of its most active glaciers, the Tatshenshini-Alsek creates an intensely dramatic, overwhelmingly beautiful, and almost primeval river valley.
Protected by the five U.S. and Canadian national parks and preserves and part of a 25-million acre UNESCO World Heritage Site, it is a part of the largest protected wilderness area in the world. The “Tat” has been called one of the last truly wild river systems on Earth and the trip was named the #1 river trip in the world by National Geographic. We are truly honored to be able to show people this place.” ~ Momentum River Expeditions
- Enjoy exhilarating but safe class III whitewater rafting while soaking in breathtaking views of the mountains & glaciers
- Witness massive glaciers carving their way down the valleys right to the river’s edge
- Paddle around huge icebergs in Alsek lake
- Appreciate incredible wildlife viewing of grizzly bears, wolves, mountain goats and moose
- Raft over 140 miles of pristine wilderness while enjoying deluxe riverside camping and gourmet meals
- Arrive at camp and relax, sip on a cocktail while our friendly guides set up your deluxe tent, cot & sleeping pad
Return TimeLate on Departure Day
IncludedAccommodationBaggage TransferGround TransportationLocal GuideMost ActivitiesMost MealsTravel Insurance
Not IncludedDomestic FlightsDrinksGuide GratuitiesInternational FlightsLaundryOptional ActivitiesSouvenirs
Cost, Liability Waiver, Insurance, Payment and DepositsIncludes
- 12 days of rafting and deluxe camping with gourmet meals
- Float plane back to Yukatat at the end of the trip
- Friendly and expert guiding
- Guided hiking and wildlife viewing
- Comfortable mountaineering tents, comfortable cots, sleeping pads and sleeping bags
- Dry bags and personal floatation devices (PFD's) are also included for our guests
- If we do have to change a hotel or lodge, we will do our best to substitute another one of equal quality. We always strive to provide the best and safest experience possible. We do this in the wonderfully unpredictable natural environment. Because of this we do from time to time have to make itinerary adjustments.
- Participants will be required to sign a standard liability release before the trip, acknowledging that there are risks associated with all types of travel.
- Evacuation insurance is not covered in the cost of the trip but I highly recommend it as evacuation expenses can be significant. TravelEx, Global Rescue and Medjet Assist are a few companies that are reasonably priced and offer you cover all year long on as many trips as you take and also works in the US if you are 100 miles from home. These companies should bring you home to the hospital of your choice. It is important to recheck the details of the plans as they can change.
- A $1000 non-refundable deposit is due at this time and will secure your place on the trip. The deposit is non-refundable unless Momentum Expeditions cannot run the trip due to COVID or other restrictions. In that case, the deposit will be fully refunded. The balance is due 60 days before departure.
- Please make checks out to: Phil Rasori, MD a Professional Corporation
- Please mail the checks and registration forms to: Rasori Expeditions PO Box 361 Healdsburg, CA, 95448 Any Questions? Please email us at: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org Or call Phil at: 707-583-5662