The Best of Sicily – Highlights of the Mediterranean Sea
$6595 per person
Welcome to the largest island in the Mediterranean. With this 12 day tour, discover the charm of a land immersed in the Mediterranean sea, a crossroads of cultures & civilizations over the last 3,000 years.
Discover a land with a unique personality, originated by a mosaic of civilizations and traditions, made of folklore, flavors and scents.
- Experience the wealth of ancient sites on this picturesque island
- Admire some of the finest Roman Mosaics in the world
- Explore the epic, well preserved Greek Temples
- Witness the liveliness of the culture while walking through markets and narrow streets
- Marvel at the explosive colors of the Mediterranean waters
- Hike through incredible seaside paths and narrow, ancient village streets
- Savor the flavors of the authentic Sicilian cuisine: wine, chocolate, fresh-caught seafood.
DepartureCatania, Italy and Cefalu, Italy
IncludedAccommodationLocal GuideMost ActivitiesMost Meals
Not IncludedBaggage TransferDomestic FlightsDrinksGround TransportationGuide GratuitiesInternational FlightsLaundryOptional ActivitiesSouvenirsTravel Insurance
Arrival in Catania Our 12-day tour will begin in Catania. You will be greeted at the airport by our local guide and will then be taken to our hotel at the Cavamera Firrato Winery. After checking in we will enjoy a special wine tasting before our gourmet dinner at the winery. Overnight: Cavanera Firriato Winery with Wine Tasting and Dinner included
Mt. Etna Volcano & Taormina After breakfast we will depart for Sicily's most famous Etna volcano. During this tour you will have a chance to appreciate the beautiful landscape of Mt. Etna's lava flows. We will reach Rifugio Sapienza, and take a short walk to admire one of the famous "Silvestri” craters and lava flows. We will have a chance to stop for shopping and lunch will be on your own. Then, on to Taormina. Here, we will visit the historic center with the beautiful ancient Greek Theater, Corvaja Palace, & Odeon and enjoy the incredible views and panoramas from this cliffside site. We will then drive to the famous ancient Greek city of Siracusa (Syracuse). Overnight: Siracusa Re Federica Boutique Hotel, Breakfast Included
Siracusa Full Day After breakfast, we will visit the characteristic market on Ortigia island in Siracusa, full of colors and sounds. Followed by a tour of the Temple of Apollo, Piazza Archimede, Piazza Duomo, the Cathedral, the Arethusa fountain. In the afternoon visit the archeological park, Roman amphitheater, Ear of Dionysius, and the catacombs of S. John, which second only to those in Rome. Overnight: Siracusa Re Federica Boutique Hotel, Breakfast Included
- 11 nights accommodations in deluxe hotels
- All breakfasts and four gourmet meals as listed in the itinerary
- Transportation in luxury Mercedes V Class vehicles
- Expert, fully licensed English speaking Sicilian Guide with over 25 years of guiding experience in Sicily
- Natural history lectures
- Wine tastings and sampling of local delicacies
- Chocolate tasting in Modica
- International airfare
- Entrance fees to archeological parks & churches
- Items of personal nature (ie. tips, laundry, travel insurance)
- Optional trip extension to Cefalu
- If we do have to change a hotel, we will do our best to substitute another one of equal quality. We always strive to provide the best hotel experiences.
- Participants will be required to sign a standard liability release before the trip, acknowledging that there are risks associated with all types of travel.
- A $500 non-refundable deposit with your registration form is due at this time and will secure your place on the core trip. The deposit is non-refundable because we are staying in many of Sicily's top hotels during the high season. The hotels will only reserve our rooms if we place a deposit with them which is non-refundable. The balance is due 60 days before departure.
- Please make checks out to: Phil Rasori, MD a Professional Corporation and mail them to: Phil Rasori, MD, PO Box 361, Healdsburg, CA, 95448
- Any Questions? Please email us at:email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Or call Phil at: 707-583-5662